Tortworth Court Wedding
The warm sun finally popped out over Tortworth Court for this May Bank Holiday small family wedding, with Leslie & Anthony. What a lovely location, a cosy event with family and even friends from Spain! Here is a small selection of images from the main gallery.
Tortworth Court Hotel Wedding Photographer
Tortworth Court is a Victorian mansion in South Gloucestershire built in Tudor style between 1848 and 1853 by Earl of Ducie, Lord Mayor of London. It’s architect was Samuel Sanders Teulon. The house is situated in the civil parish of Tortworth, near Thornbury in South Gloucestershire, England.
During World War II the mansion became a naval training base for coding and signals, under the name of HMS Cabbala, and a mast was erected in the high reception hall. After the war, the buildings constructed for the hospital and, for a time the house itself, became HM Prison Leyhill. Tortworth Court was then used as a training school for prison officers.The property was designated a Grade II listed by English Heritage in 1991. By the 1990s, however, it had become derelict, and suffered a large fire in 1991.It was thereafter restored to its original style and extended at a reputed cost of £25 million. In June 2001 it reopened as a hotel operated by Four Pillars Hotels.