Saltford Church Wedding Bath
A Bath Wedding is always exciting. Although it didn’t put anyone off, this particular May Bank Holiday was one of the wettest, however, someone was looking after us! The clouds parted just at the right time over the village of Saltford for Liz & James. A brilliant location for a wedding in the heart of this very historic old village. The family pet Beagle ‘Neville’ was never left out and was also involved in these lovely proceedings.
St Mary’s Church, Saltford nr Bristol
St Mary’s Church has stood in the village of Saltford for over a thousand years. It is believed to be Norman with an authentic Norman Font still used for christenings today. It was taken away and defaced during the Battle of Lansdown during the English Civil War. It was subsequently found being used as a cattle trough. The rector at the time was never seen again. The tower is believed to be Saxon although 10 feet (3.0 m) have been added and extensively repaired. Originally there were three bells dated 1820, although only one remains and still used. The gallery and porch are 19th-century and is where the organ is. More recently, a window has been added in memorial of the choirmaster for 10 years.