So the question is, for your wedding, (hopefully a huge one time life experience), do you hire Affordable Wedding Photographers or go for Cheap Wedding Photography?
I personally think if you ‘buy cheap’ you usually ‘buy twice’ as they say. There are plenty of services out there which offer you really really cheap deals but the service and final product may not be perhaps what you were either looking for or actually expecting. Here’s just one example from an article ‘Insight for Brides blog’ “I hired a cheap wedding photographer“. For us it’s heart breaking stuff to read and hear. It won’t take you long by simply googling similar horror stories on the internet, to realise that you may be taking a huge chance!!
Our advice, is to thoroughly check your photographers small print and ask as many questions as possible. What extras do you get for the price? or do you have to pay for further bolt-on services? It may also be prudent to ask your photographer whether he or she edits and enhances each of your images. Some cheap services simply give you the digital images straight from the camera. Not ideal all of the time, as they become happy snappy type images and the finer edits will not have been done to give you a quality image, e.g. post processing sharpening, white balance adjustment, exposure etc.
So what else do you need to ask your photographer and look out for?
- With such a choice, why would I choose you to photograph my wedding?
- Can we meet you to discuss our requirements before we book you?
- Are there any other costs that we need to know about?
- How far is Highlights Photography willing to travel?
- How do I book Highlights Photography?
- Can I pay you the full amount using PayPal?
- I have some photographic ideas in mind, are you able to take similar photographs?
- How long will you stay with us at our wedding?
- What if it’s raining on the day?
- We have been given a wedding album as a present, are we obligated to purchase one from you as well?
- How long do you keep our images for?
- How long does it take to see our pictures after the wedding?
- If I order a wedding album, how long will it take to arrive?
- Is VAT included in your prices?
- Do you photograph same-sex couples weddings?
- I have another question?
Helpful so far?
Here at Highlights Photography, we are happy to answer all those questions and more if required. See our Favourite Asked Questions page. As professional photographers, Liz and I want to be transparent with our wedding photography services and prices. We feel our services and final product are affordable and generally comparable with the rest of our local professional photography colleagues. In order to explain why our wedding photography prices are what they are, click on the link for a small summary to explain.
Hopefully, by now you will see that it’s not as simple as just plucking out the cheapest wedding photographer from an internet search list. Please, do some homework. Word of mouth or recommendations or actually seeing the photographer in action from another wedding are also good points worth noting.
If you are interested have a look at our wedding photography packages, see what you think.
So asking the question again for you, do you hire Affordable Wedding Photographers or go for Cheap Wedding Photography?